Thursday, November 15, 2012

One Week til Thanksgiving...

...and I cannot wait!


for the food!
for my family to come over!
for the turkey and pies!
and for the beginning of the Christmas Shopping season!

But before all that happens, I want to take a moment to be thankful and mindful of what this holiday is really all about: Giving Thanks!

This morning while plodding along on my run I came up with so many reasons to be thankful.  Over the miles one reason stood out in my head: my health.  And so I counted my blessings of health on many different levels.

First of all I still consider myself "recovering" from a running injury.  An over use running injury. As in "can't stop, won't stop" until my body said "can't go, won't go".  So just to be able to run again, pain free, is huge. 

Digging deeper I am happy not to have the flu or some such yuckiness. Though the cold and flu season has only just begun so I'm sure I'll suffer somewhat this year.  Honestly, it's only a matter of time.  But for today, I'm healthy!

And digging deeper yet, I am so happy to be an able-bodied person who can run!  As much as I complain about my feet, I couldn't do with out them. Same goes for my knees.  And I have no life-threatening illness to worry about.  No planned hospital stays here.  Just my capable self, running along.



What are you thankful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment