Well it's officially the New Year. Hello 2013.
As I put up new calendars throughout my house I've been thinking a lot about what New Years resolutions I will make for myself. My goals I wish to accomplish for this year. A new mantra for this new year.
And so far I have come up with two:
Perspective
and
Inspiration.
I hope to keep a fresh perspective on life. A positive outlook. A realistic and telescoping view of the world around me. I want to remember that life is about the big things and life is about the little things. But even my life is not all about me.
Inspiration goes two ways for me. I want to remember what inspires me everyday in the things I do. Am I inspired by a marathon goal to get up early in the morning and run? Or am I inspired by a friend's healthy habit to make better food choices? I often feel inspired by my parents to make the choice that will help my children in the long run, even if it is not an easy step to take today.
I would also like to be an inspiration to others. Not sure how to go about this or how to realize I've met such a goal. But I do feel like I inspire my daughter, as I have found out she talks a lot about me when she's at school. Good things. Things that I have already forgotten about, she thinks they are important enough to tell other people. And this makes me think that if I can be an inspiration to her maybe I could inspire other people, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment