Well, my first long run for this training cycle. I did my long run on Sunday morning, around a nearby lake.
8 miles. At about 7:40 pace.
The best part about this long run was I got to run with my husband! With 3 kids we don't often run together. I'm so glad we did this run together. Running by myself I usually feel like I can work out little nagging problems. Running with my husband gives us a chance to go over problems together. And for some reason the problem solving seems to go smooth when we are running.
Monday was an easy 3 mile day.
Tuesday morning I was so confused when my alarm went off--it was still dark out! Turns out, Tuesday was just a really gloomy day.
So I didn't jump out of bed and get in a run. I stayed in bed until a little person woke me up.
Then I keep putting off the run. Finally after lunch and after I put the kids down for a nap I hopped on the treadmill.
Turns out it snowed on Tuesday! Yes, on April 9th it snowed and sleeted and was just icky outside. Add this to the already gloomy start.
So I did a half mile warm up, then 4.5 miles at 7min/mi pace, and another half mile warm down. One of the workouts this week that is supposed to happen on Thursday but I switched Tuesday and Thursday around when I found out I'd have to run on the treadmill.
Whatever, I got in a good, solid run.
Still keeping the mileage down since my calves and plantar are so tight. And I've also been working on remembering to stretch throughout the day and foam roll at night.
No comments:
Post a Comment