Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Starting Again

I'm starting from square one, again.

It's not always a bad thing.  Especially since I feel like I've learned something since my last go.

So I'm starting my Half-Marathon training.  Or, I have started training.  For a new race and with a new goal.

Yesterday, April 1, was day 1 in my 12 week training cycle.  And yes, my plantar fasciitis is still nagging at me.  But I feel I have better control over it and I know how to manage it this time.  No more "go, go, go".  That's what I did last time and it sure did make things worse!   This time I plan to take it easy and if I need to, back down mileage and intensity.  I think taking time to stretch and warm-up and cool-down are more important to me now than logging mileage.  Well, more important to my body to keep it running for 30 more years!

So, Monday: easy 3 with the Husband.  It was cold and windy!  We averaged 7:45min/miles. 

Tuesday: 4.5 total miles, with 6 x hill repeats (at an easy pace).  Averaged 7:50 pace.  It was sunny and 30 degrees, so not as cold!

Hopefully I can catch up on some sleep tonight and I have another easy 3 on tap for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment