Thursday, April 4, 2013

Homemade Granola and a run

I got in a lovely little 5 miler today.  An actual "workout", if you will.  My training plan called for a 40 min tempo run.  Hmmm.  I don't do too many different speeds when I run.  So I made it into a "race pace" run.  That's pretty much tempo for me.  It ended up being only 35 min, and I'm ok with that!

So a half mile warm-up.  Went well. Although it was chilly and windy so I wasn't truly warm after this.

4 miles at race pace.
My half marathon goal race pace is 7 min/mile.  I was pretty close most of the time.  I'll have to check my garmin stats, but overall I was happy.  Half way through I really had to push myself to keep up the pace.  And this coincided with a hill.   But I reminded myself that I haven't done a true workout in months and this is what it feels like to work.

Half mile warm-down.

By the time I finished I was starving since I ran over lunch time.  So I quick whipped up a batch of my current fav granola recipe

It's a clean eating recipe. And you should try it, it's delicious!

Anyway, here are all the dry ingredients, separated so you can see them.



I mixed them up and added oil and maple syrup and mixed some more.

 
And spread it out on a pan to bake.  And you house will smell amazing!!



Once out of the oven I put raisins in.  I love dried fruit in my granola!



Mix it up with a little Greek yogurt and you've got yourself lunch!  Yum!
 
Happy Thursday, the weekend is almost here!


No comments:

Post a Comment