Hooray!
Actually, it's hard for me to take days off. This is especially true in the beginning of a training cycle when I still feel so full of energy. As of last night I hadn't planned on taking the day off. I set out clothes and set my alarm to get up early and do a little yoga at home.
I still got up early today. However, after a full nights sleep I decided it would be better to follow the training plan and truly take a day off.
With all this extra time -and energy- on my hands I decided to try something new in the kitchen.
Homemade Almond Butter
I browsed the web and found the same basic recipe repeated many times over. I choose to follow one off a site I visit quite often since have had success with some of their other recipes.
So roasted up 2 cups of almonds
And threw them into the food processor.
I didn't time how long I blended for. At least 15 minutes, but not much more.
And the results....
Well, I'll have to let you know. I did this just after having eaten and I wasn't hungry. I mean I tried a few spoonfuls, but I haven't decided if I'm in love.
Have you ever made your own almond butter? What else do you like to make from scratch? And do you like Rest days?
No comments:
Post a Comment