Friday, April 12, 2013

haven't missed a beat...yet

Thursday I got in my workout.  Barely.

It was one of those mornings where one thing after another went wrong. 
 It was snowing and the kids went crazy thinking there would be no school...thunder woke the littlest one up early and he was cranky....the school bus forgot to stop and pick up my kid...the husband had the minivan didn't answer his phone...
Luckily they were all relatively small things and I still got my workout in. 

I had switched the Tuesday and Thursday workouts around earlier in the week when the weather was bad on Tuesday, hoping for better weather later in the week.  Boy, was I wrong!!

So I hit the treadmill for what was supposed to be a 7x400 track workout.

4.5 miles total, in about 30 min.
  Mile warm up.  quarter, quarter, half, quarter, half (-mile), all at 7 min pace with a quarter mile rest between.  Then a half mile or so warm down followed by static stretching.

Eh.  It was fine and mostly I was happy I finished the workout after how crappy the day started.

Friday is a rest day. So I did a DVD workout that focused on arm strength.  I figure I still rested my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment